- My excitement of going back to school turned to frustration after finding out that my 18 units were completely gone. I didn’t finalize my schedule before the end of online registration that’s why I got 0 unit. I blame it on my ignorance and stupidity.
- This led me to experiencing prerog for the first time - asking for the prof if there’s any available slot and leave it to luck to get accepted or not. Btw, graduating students are prioritized since well they are graduating already haha! Fortunately, the subjects I need this sem are mostly core/major which made it easier. Hello again, 18 units.
- No classes every Monday. Plus, I get to go home as early as 2:30 pm on Fridays. I love my schedule.
- Just when I thought I could surf all day and download movies, I found out that the internet connection at our dorm isn’t working. Luckily, I happen to have our old wifi stick with me. Desperate for internet, my roommates and I bought a sim and load for it.
- Eager for a more stable internet connection, we would eat at places that offer free wifi.
- Before the classes started, I finished reading Inferno by Dan Brown - yet another work that proves how brilliant he is. Calling Manila as the gates of hell sounds appropriate considering the hot weather and what happened to his character. I just wish Robert Langdon could have a wife or at the very least a girlfriend.
- Next, I read Lady Susan by Jane Austen. Just like my whimsical idea of drinking all the milk tea flavors and eating at all the Japanese restaurants in the world, I have long ago formed this idea of reading all the works written by an author. I am done with Dan Brown. I am halfway through with Nicholas Sparks.
- That’s why I’m currently reading Emma by Jane Austen. Hopefully, I can read as much as I can despite my not-so busy schedule. I also want to read Harry Potter. I know I’m a loser. Believe it or not, I am not yet done with the series. I stopped at Goblet of Fire. My goal is to finish the series before this year ends.
- Having written down all my incoherent thoughts, I just can’t believe that I’m already a junior. With no organization to associate myself with and considering how little friends I have, I feel like I’m still in my first year. It’s weird.
- I also can’t believe that I’m turning 19 years old by the end of this month! And hey, I still don’t have a fixed signature.
Shoes for sale!
Everything is brand new.
- White sneakers (size 9) - 400
- Gold sneakers with studs (size 8) - 450
- GD inspired chunky heels (size 7) - 400
My plan of getting a part-time job during my 4-month vacation was not successful. I really wanted to do something productive (e.g. earn money on my own). I applied for several online jobs via oDesk. I was even close to getting one but it turned out I lack the most important skill needed for the job - knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. It was frustrating because I’ve always wanted to learn Photoshop. I even downloaded tutorials and started reading some blogs. The problem is, I don’t have Photoshop in my laptop.
I got tired of hunting for online jobs. My sister, who teases me for doing nothing but lie on bed and eat all summer, tried encouraging me to apply in Teleperformance where she works. I didn’t think I have the guts so I ended up applying for summer internships. That didn’t work out as well. All of these made me sporadically anxious, especially when I was contemplating the contents of my curriculum vitae/resume. It got me thinking, what kind of job will I have when I graduate? Will I have difficulty in finding a job? I’m afraid to find out the answers to my questions but I know it will be worth finding out.
I was so engrossed in this endeavor that I forget to update my online shop for a long time. This is why I am making up for it. If you are are interested to buy a pair or you know someone who loves shoes, you can leave me a message or you can share this post. I’m willing to give a discount. I am also selling some preloved items that I have no intention of wearing anymore. Most of the things I sell were only used/worn once. Please visit @thecozyclosetph to see more!
Mia: Don’t you hate that?
Vincent: Hate what?
Mia: Uncomfortable silences.
Mia: Why do we feel necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?
Vincent: I don’t know. That’s a good question.
Mia: That’s when you know you found somebody really special. When you can shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably share the silence.
After watching the trailer of Fifty Shades of Grey (very steamy!) this afternoon, I ended up spending another two hours of checking other movie trailers. What a shameful way of wasting time, I know. This, being one of the many that caught my attention, seems like a good one. Besides, I kinda miss hearing Daniel Radcliffe’s cute accent.
List of movies that I find interesting and the person that makes it even more interesting:
- Love, Rosie (Lily Collins)
- Bad Neighbors (Zac Efron)
- That Awkward Moment (Zac Efron)
Happy August 1st to everyone! :)