Holy Week 2014
As usual, we didn’t plan any special trips last week even though it’s considered to be a holiday. We stayed at home, attended mass and participated in the procession just like we did last year. However, we visited my grandfather’s farm for a change.
Riding on a carabao for the first time was probably the highlight of our farm visit! At first, I didn’t want to but all my cousins looked like they had fun so I ended up being the last person to ride on this poor creature.
Flowers are like women in terms of beauty. Each kind of flowers has unique qualities that make it stand out. Take this for example: The world’s largest flower - Rafflesia - is exotic not only for its enormity but for its offensive smell. The size compensates for its smell. This goes to show that there are occasions when you can’t really have everything. For flowers, I am talking about the pretty colors, pleasant smell, long stems and whatnot. For women, I am referring to beauty, brains, talents and personality. Yes, there are flowers and women who have everything aforementioned. They have the complete package. But they shouldn’t be the standard of beauty. Being beautiful means being yourself regardless of your imperfections and insecurities. No matter how flawed you are, there is something good and beautiful in you that you will not see if you don’t accept what and who you really are. The beauty in you blooms when you start appreciating yourself. So be a flower, embrace yourself and be beautiful.
Thank you bookishcath for tagging me!
- RULE 1:Always post the rules.
- RULE 2: Answer the question who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones.
- RULE 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
- RULE 4: Actually tell them you tagged them.
Questions from Cath:
- Three words to describe myself.
E - enthusiastic of anything life has to offer
L - lenient
L - loyal
A - ambitious
- Favorite Book
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks is the first thing that popped into my mind.
- What do you aspire to be someday?
This might sound shallow but I aspire to be happy and to be content with my life. However, I also aspire to become an inspiration to others on a grand scale - which I still have to figure out how. Forgive my vague response to the question I still don’t know how to answer.
- Chocolate or ice cream?
- Why do you blog?
For self-expression. To share my thoughts, feelings and other events in my life.
- Favorite Band
The Script (international) and Silent Sanctuary (local)
- Biggest fear in life
Losing my mom
- What makes you happy?
Spending time with my family and friends.
- If you could go to any tourist destination, where would that be?
Right now, Ocean Park Hongkong sounds good to me. If I’m not mistaken, the last time I went to an amusement park was two years ago. Also, I want to visit all the branches of Universal Studios/Dineyland!
- Ultimate celebrity crush
Zac Efron/Austin Butler. Can I be Vanessa Hudgens for a day?
- Pizza or pasta?
My 11 questions:
- What is your comfort food?
- What would you choose: ability to travel through time or ability to fly? Why?
- If you win the lottery, what will be the first thing you will do?
- If you could shop in just one store, what/where would it be?
- What or who inspires you to blog?
- Who is your top 3 favorite bloggers?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Have you ever confessed your feelings to the person you like/liked?
- Do you have any regrets in your life?
- Right now, are you happy?
- What are your top 3 pet peeves?
I know this is a commercial and might not even happen in real life. But watching this restores my faith in humanity. Helping others without asking anything in return seems like giving a piece of yourself. This man is downright selfless. The ending definitely touched my heart.